I want my boyfriend to come to daughters bday. Is that wrong?

I have been in a relationship with this guy for 6 months. We see eachother at least 3 nights a week when my ex has my daughter or when she is asleep. My boyfriend has been around my daughter maybe 5/6 times and they get along great. My daughter is turning 4 this weekend and my boyfriend is choosing not to go because "he doesn't like kids birthdays". I feel like he should be there. My friends and family are going to find it strange that he wont be there but his friends say that im strange for wanting him there. I feel like if he wants me then he should realize that I am a package deal with a daughter. What do you think?

Favorite Answer

He doesn't like kid's parties, he doesn't want to be there. Not his kid, not his responsibility...and in case it hasn't dawned on you, it doesn't look like he wants the package deal. He may get along well with your child here and there, but it doesn't sound like he wants to be a parent. sorry.

sorry,not much of a package deal,

in 5-6 months she has only seen him 5-6 times/

once per month,that's it.

i feel if you were a package deal,then she would have seen him around a lot more.

you have kept him out when it comes to her for this long,why the big change for this time?

You've only been dating 6 months. You are not yet in a serious relationship with him and your daughter hardly knows him. He probably doesn't feel right abut this yet. Let it go.

It's about your daughter not your boyfriend. If he doesn't want to be there then don't force him. Men hate kids parties.

Good for him! If he's not into it...he's not into it. If it's a huge deal for you - consider finding a guy to date that does enjoy children and children's activities on occasion...