1098-T and pell grants?

Do you still recieve a 1098-T form if your tuition was paid by grants? Also, can I still claim textbook expenses when paid with grants?


I received one last year too, also was paid with grants (no need to judge please, I'm working part time with a child trying to make a better life for us) and under box 5 (scholarships/grants) it says nothing.

4 Answers

  • 9 years ago

    Yes, that's the point of the 1098 T form, showing how much was billed, and how much was scholarships and grants

    Source(s): tax pro
  • Yes, you should still receive a 1098-T.

    Grant money that's used for ineligible expenses is taxable income to you.

  • tro
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    pell grants paid for them, not you

  • 9 years ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.