Does anyone here know the difference between love and that "feeling"?

I read an article about how love doesn't run off of emotions but it runs off of knowledge that should bring you the truth. My conclusion is that people are constantly deceived and end up getting hurt because they don't know what real love is. And i'm actually learning from experience at the edge begging God to make this feeling I have for a certain person go away because he's all wrong for me in reality. I'm aware of this yet I still have a hard time letting go. So the article never explained how to solve this issue and I'm wondering if anyone here knows what the difference is or what love really is, besides what the meaning of it in the Bible. I just need more understanding of it because I'm tired of being trapped in this situation. And I realized that I'm not the only one going through this, I even hear it in many songs. I just want to cut to the chase break the situation down and solve it and I want it to happen fast.

Favorite Answer

That "feeling" is a physical feeling, it can be butterflies in your stomach, a feel-good feeling, something that feels. True love is knowledge. Without a "feeling" you love the person, know they have your best interest and you have theirs, it is a choice, for example I can't love Hitler because I choose not to. It doesn't just happen like the "feeling" you state. True love wants to always be with that person and not fight against it because they know they are not the right one. True love accepts and wants to accept the other as they are without changing them. You obviously do not love this person, know they are not good news, but have this physical feeling that is hard to fight.Knowing it's not love can help you release from the feeling's grasps, the devil has control emotionally over you but your mind is strong and can resist and fight it and lead you to God. Good luck.

your are taking your information about love from an article (which are almost always unreliable, at least the ones about love are) from songs (really? dont do that, love songs are crap, and are not a real depiction of what love is or should be or really is in reality) and the Bible. you say you are cutting someone out of your life because he is all wrong for you in reality. that sounds like a bad choice because you have been too influenced by outside sources lately, two of which are crap! you need to figure things out for yourself. love isint something you can learn from a book, an article, or songs (Especially songs) you learn from experience and what your gut tells you.

In reality, you won't know If it's rally love till he wants to put a ring on your finger, but when you want to be In a Relationship, you gotta start with that "Feeling" false or not. Then before you "Go out " with him, think about his personality, would you really wanna spend every day with him? Would he make a good father? do you have a lot to talk about? Then just take a risk. Love is so confusing, but it's meant to be that way.

I think people get mixed up with loving/liking someone and liking things that they do/talk about with that person.

For example there is someone i always talk to/text i dont fancy him at all, but when he doesnt text me i miss him!

I dont really think you can define or explain love to somebody (and i do realise how corny that sounds)

youll never find love untill you live.. i understand your religion and all that but you cant let a book tell you if you love some one or not when you fall inlove youll know believe me those ''feelings'' are you care about them and you really like them love is youd do anything for that person without a doubt its when you cant go a day without them...

I have never been in love.But i think you just know he or she is the right one for you.Do you ever get that feeling when you talk to the guy or girl you like.You know when you feel weak in the knees or ill .Im guessing those and much more:)xx.

When you are in love you just know. God or the Bible can't help you/

You'll know what love is when you feel it. Don't squeeze everything out of this thing we call "life". Not everything has a perfect definition