MKM asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 years ago

40 weeks 2 days I live in ri can I demand to be induced earlier ?

I am on my third child and have had the worst pregnancy I understand when the baby is ready she will come but there is only so much a persons body can take I cant sleep I been puking I am 1 cm and soft and getting induced thursday but six days seems forever and I know this baby is a gift but this pregnancy has tsken a horrible.toll on me and im crying because I just feel like I.cant take it anymore any suggestions,?

• xK
    Favorite Answer

I don't know if you can "demand" but you can ask. There's probably a reason they picked Thursday though; it might be better for baby. Good luck!

• Pippin

You can ask for anything you want.

But there are no laws in Rhode Island (or any other state) that require that your doctor provide medical treatment that SHE feels to be unnecessary, unsafe or inappropriate. (Though the fact that your doctor has already scheduled your induction before you even reached your due date DOES suggest that she's probably a doctor who is happy to induce on request. So ask her. )

• Ethel

If you are puking you are probably in labor right now.