Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

What is the best way to keep drama out of your life?

Favorite Answer

Keeping a laid back attitude, don't initiate gossip, be kind to everyone, steer clear of those overly dramatic annoying people.

• Sebboh

Ignore it, and don't let it bother you. Drama people want to bring everyone in. Drama is only created when you let it. People can easily choose not to get involved with drama.

Also there is something called "The Drama Triangle". Think of a triangle, and at each point, there is a "Victim", a "Rescuer", and the "Persecutor". When you play one of these roles, you're involved in drama.

People can easily switch between roles:

PERSECUTOR - "It's All Your Fault"

Sets strict limits unnecessarily.

Blames

Criticizes

Keeps Victim oppressed

VICTIM - "Poor Me"

Feels victimized, oppressed, helpless, hopeless, powerless, ashamed

Looks for a Rescuer that will perpetuate their negative feelings.

RESCUER - "Let Me Help You"

Rescues when really doesn't want to.

Feels guilty if doesn't rescue.

Keeps victim dependent.

Gives permission to fail.

The best way to avoid drama is to avoid these roles & switch to a more non-defensive role.

After you have made sure that you are not creating the drama yourself, the best way to keep your life drama free is to eliminate the drama queens (or kings!) from your life.

Go live in a shack in the woods and become a reclusive hermit.

I've always noticed that people who mention how they hate drama, or avoid drama...are always the first people to start it.

• 1. Don't start drama

2. Stay away from those who start drama

As much as I try to stay out of it&ignore it, it always finds a way to put me in the middle. Even if its not my mess. I just ignore it&it'll go away eventually

HI THERE!

ignore people and stay away from them, refuse to support anybody who is in a fight, and if someone wants to fight you just be quiet and tell the principal, don't be influenced by anybody who wants to do bad stuff, just stay out of it. :)

I try to recognize it for what it is and then I will refuse to take part. That seems to work the best for me.

Never make a big deal about anything that's very simple to fix :)

• Carla

Stay at away from negative people.