Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

What is the best way to keep drama out of your life?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Keeping a laid back attitude, don't initiate gossip, be kind to everyone, steer clear of those overly dramatic annoying people.

• Sebboh
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Ignore it, and don't let it bother you. Drama people want to bring everyone in. Drama is only created when you let it. People can easily choose not to get involved with drama.

Also there is something called "The Drama Triangle". Think of a triangle, and at each point, there is a "Victim", a "Rescuer", and the "Persecutor". When you play one of these roles, you're involved in drama.

People can easily switch between roles:

PERSECUTOR - "It's All Your Fault"

Sets strict limits unnecessarily.

Blames

Criticizes

Keeps Victim oppressed

VICTIM - "Poor Me"

Feels victimized, oppressed, helpless, hopeless, powerless, ashamed

Looks for a Rescuer that will perpetuate their negative feelings.

RESCUER - "Let Me Help You"

Rescues when really doesn't want to.

Feels guilty if doesn't rescue.

Keeps victim dependent.

Gives permission to fail.

The best way to avoid drama is to avoid these roles & switch to a more non-defensive role.

• 9 years ago

After you have made sure that you are not creating the drama yourself, the best way to keep your life drama free is to eliminate the drama queens (or kings!) from your life.

• 9 years ago

Go live in a shack in the woods and become a reclusive hermit.

I've always noticed that people who mention how they hate drama, or avoid drama...are always the first people to start it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1. Don't start drama

2. Stay away from those who start drama

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

As much as I try to stay out of it&ignore it, it always finds a way to put me in the middle. Even if its not my mess. I just ignore it&it'll go away eventually

• 9 years ago

HI THERE!

ignore people and stay away from them, refuse to support anybody who is in a fight, and if someone wants to fight you just be quiet and tell the principal, don't be influenced by anybody who wants to do bad stuff, just stay out of it. :)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I try to recognize it for what it is and then I will refuse to take part. That seems to work the best for me.

• 9 years ago

Never make a big deal about anything that's very simple to fix :)

• Carla
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Stay at away from negative people.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.