Overheating chevy 4.3 v6?

I have a 92 chevy 1500 4.3 V6, that's showing its overheating. I've change the sensors, water pump, thermostat three times. Also had the heads off and checked for cracks by a machine shop and replaced all gaskets. The radiator doesn't leak and seems to be flowing. Heater core seems fine cause I get heat from the heater and the return hose gets warm. Maybe someone has had this same issue. Help me please or I'm going to burn the truck. Its getting frustrating.

Favorite Answer

im with Frankie it just a bad sending unit to dash get a temp gage aftermarket set to see about $19.00

Source(s): 4.3 god Master Tech

I took my motor out and to a machine shop, the answer for me was rust buildup in the heads,where they match to the intake, and excessive oil gunk build up in the motor. Had 130,00 miles on the motor. Machining and rebuilding the whole motor. Mine also has a balancing shaft. hope this helps save you some mysery, and aggrivation? Surly know I went through it, replacing everything cooling related.

Those engines used thermostatically controlled fans to either increase or decrease cooling depending on engine temperature. Take off the fan blades and replace the part that they are connected to or remove the entire assembly and install an electric fan.

proably a bad gauge

im not quite sur what there called but there is a tool thets like a heat sensor, it sents a beam like a lazor and it tells you the temp of what it hits... get one.. start the car and point it at your radiator.. see if it is really over heating or if its just a bad reading