How do I convince my mom to let me go to anime salt lake?

I really want to go to Anime Salt lake, and I have everything planned, I'm going with a responsible friend and we'll have our phones on us at all times, but even after giving her all the details, she says that it's just for a bunch of stupid people who can't see past comic books and costumes. She also says it's inappropriate and just a bunch of pervs and predators.

how can I convince her to let me go?

Please, serious answers only :(

Favorite Answer

1.Research your topic. Make sure you have a good understanding about what you are asking for so that you will have an acceptable and factual answer when your parents have a question. For example, if you want your parents to let you have a cell phone, research how much the phone and different plans will cost.

2.Write a list of main points. It's easy to get caught in a shouting match and lose track of the points you wanted to make in the first place. Write down the 3 or 4 main things you want to convey in convincing your parents. Refer to them during the discussion and make sure those points have gotten across.

3.Pick the right time. Find a time when your parents seem relaxed and happy to have the discussion. It is not a good idea to ask for something when either parent seems stressed or tired because they will likely be annoyed.

• Lex

I can't help but feel a little insulted by your mom's response. I mean, she just called me a pervert who can't see past comic books and costumes. Yeesh. I served a full time Mission for the Mormon. I have a black belt in karate. I even freaken' teach Sunday School, and she calls me a pervert!

She is right though with somethings. There are sometimes conventions that are too much for this church going Sunday school girl. And I can't always tell whether they're good or bad until I'm standing in line. But if I go to one, and it turns out to be bad, I do one very simple thing. I leave. And I am not afraid to do so. There's no point in going to a place, paying money and then being uncomfortable the entire time. If something bothers you, then it's probably bad.

So you do have to watch out. I've been to some that were really great. Felt really good. Nothing bad there. And been to some, I wish I wasn't at.