Using a cash register for the first time?

I've been practicing on this online tool thing, but it's the old fashioned version where you have to count the change you give back in your head. I've tried but I can't do it fast enough, I have a terrible disability in math, but if I had a calculator that told me exactly the amount of change I needed to give back, I can figure out quickly the amount of change I need to give back.

Will most cash registers at places be able to automatically tell me the amount of change I need to give back? How do you use one? I know they can train you on the job, BUT I'm the type of person that needs to prepare in advanced, otherwise I stress out and freeze up. So people who've used the newer registers, it'd be nice to get your advice on how to work them. I just need to know some stuff about them so I can feel just a little bit more confident. thanks!

Favorite Answer

Employers are not going to ask you to count the change back the way that site is telling you to.

All you do, when you seek $3.50 change on your screen, you just say

"$3.50 is your change, have a nice day".

Cash registers usually work like calculators. Type in the amount they gave you, minus the price of whatever they're buying, hit enter, and thats the change you give them back! Hope this helps! :)