? asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 9 years ago

Come up with a thesis statement.?

Part I: Directions for Your Essay

Research shows that the activities people engage in to keep healthy change as we age. Our gender, cultural background, and socioeconomic status also affect what choices we make when we exercise.

You have taken a look at how age and gender affect exercise choices. Now, explore how cultural background may play into various physical activities. You will need to interview three people from different age groups and cultural backgrounds to determine which of these factors have an effect on what physical activities they choose to participate in. You are not allowed to interview any of your family members.

You will then need to come up with a thesis statement. Your thesis statement will depend on the questions and responses from your interviews.

Sample thesis statements may be:

"My research shows that people of (culture X) prefer playing soccer, while people of (culture Y) prefer baseball."

"I have found that a person's culture has an impact on which physical activities individuals participate in to stay healthy."

Organize Your Essay According to the Following Guidelines

Your first paragraph should introduce your thesis statement. There are samples listed above. You can choose one of the two provided for you in the sample or make your own.

Interview person #1 asking questions based around your thesis statement, and be sure to take notes on the person's responses. Your second paragraph should include his/her age and how active that person is. Be sure to include the responses from your notes during the interview of person #1.

Interview person #2 asking the same questions based around your thesis statement, and be sure to take notes on the person's responses. Your third paragraph should include his or her age and how active that person is. Be sure to include the responses from your notes during the interview of person #2.

Interview person #3 asking questions based around your thesis statement, and be sure to take notes on the person's responses. Your fourth paragraph should include his or her age and how active that person is. Be sure to include the responses from your notes during the interview of person #3.

The final paragraph should be a conclusion that ties your thesis statement together with the information from the three paragraphs in the body of your essay.

Part II: Creating Diversity in Physical Activity

It is important to include people of varying cultural backgrounds and ability levels in physical activity. We'd like you to take time to participate in a class discussion. Create and describe at least four ways to include someone of a diverse culture or ability level in a specific physical activity or sport. Be specific about the type of person you are trying to include. Possible modifications can be made to the:

Methods of communication during play

Rules of the physical activity or sport

Equipment

Playing area

I need to interview two people of different races for my school assignment on what type of sports they play by what race. I've already heard from several people that it may seem racist, but I'm really just trying to do my school assignment to get an A. If someone could tell me their race, about them and what sports they play that would be wonderful. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

are u in the online class too!?

i cant find any answers, everyone says the same thing.

if you got any ideas email me? thanks :D

Source(s): online fitness class

You're in high school right? Just keep it simple, you don't need to use difficult words. "Censorship is necessary because it prevents the glamourization of drugs, sexual abuse, and violence" And then one paragraph for each topic