Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

What Does A Person Look Like After Fasting For A Year?

And is this good for you? Will you gain powerful spiritual incites? Is it anything like taking a vow of silence for a year?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

It depends on what you consider fasting. If you consider fasting not eating, definately they would be dead by now and also labeled anexoric. If you consider fasting eating very little only once a day, there is a chance you will survive but you will come out with many health problems and you will be labeled anexoric. If you consider fasting simply cutting out dairy and meats your body will be cleansed in a way but there will be no 'spiritual' uprising. Many enlightened people have advised against it, and you should too. And also in the end, you will be considered anexoric in some cases and thrown into a looney bin.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Define a fast. People fasting during Ramadan eat at night. Wiccans who are fasting eat white bread (without the crust), apples (without the peel), white fish, white rice, etc.

There are a few pictures online of people starving in Africa. I've seen some mighty thing adults, whose skin hangs on them and whose lips are swollen.

Few humans can live more than a month without any food. Even then, the physical effects get dramatic.

Having been fairly poor, I can tell you not to try eating nothing but white rice for a month. Toward the end, the hallucinations start getting really cool.

Source(s): I am a former military medic and current nurse.
  • 9 years ago

Welllll, it depends.

If it's a full fast, it sure won't be pretty. There will be just bones after a year.

A fast means you take in nothing. The meaning might have been modified over time (for some), but that's what it means. Most folks speak of a partial fast, meaning that you abstain from some things, not others.

If you doubt me:

LOOK

IT

UP

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

What does a person look like after fasting for a year? Dead I should think !!!! LOL

Even Jesus only fasted without food and water for 40 days so don't tell me it is possible to fast for a year - that's ridiculous unless you don't do it properly.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

fun fact, everyone: fasting doesn't necessarily mean not eating. sometimes it means eating only before sunrise and after sunset. which, incidentally, are the worst two times to eat if you're trying to lose weight.

So someone could fast for a year and not look too different. depends on what their eating habits were beforehand.

• 9 years ago

fasting typically lasts for only 3-7 days

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If Food ? Dead, but Fasting can mean many Things, not just food, one could fast from Watching T.V. for example

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Kind of like Maria Shriver.

• 9 years ago

No it isn't good for you - even someone as enlightened as the Buddha nearly died from excessive fasting which is why he advised against it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

He probably looks like a rotten corpse. 10 feet under ground.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.