Why do Conservatives/Tea Party bash TARP then support Republicans who supported TARP?

• esco
    Favorite Answer

Ideology and ignorance like they say Obama bailed out the auto companies when bush started the bailout.. the ignorance comes into play when people say they should of let it fail lol its ok you think its bad now try a depression haha

but ideology failing to hear someone out with a different opinion and following the talking points of their respective party, both sides are guilty..

I was against it, as I was with many things Bush did. Why? Because I am a conservative first and a Republican second. I did not walk lock-step with everything Bush did like the libs do with 0bama. They even go as far as to praise 0bama for the same things that they attacked Bush for.

To use a Bush (the elder) euphanism : READ MY LIPS : Bush was a horrible President! That does not mean I like 0bama either, because I don't. I am a through and through classic conservative, and I even liked Bill Clinton better than W...mainly because of his willingness to compromise. We have not had a conservative President since Reagan, and even he could be somewhat liberal at times, but mainly in an effort to be bipartisan. We haven't had a fully conservative President, in terms of someone reducing the scope of government, since Coolidge.

I guess you were asleep when tarp was passed may Conservatives opposed it. Don't confuse republican with Conservative.

Romeny would have supported Tarp look how thats working out for him with conservatives

The Bush Years gave them Traumatic Brain Injury and now they can't remember anything.

the bank bailout part of TARP worked fine; which is what the republicans did. [the banks have already paid it all back and with a profit to government].

it's the extensions of TARP to the auto industry and trying to 'save' housing that aren't working and aren't going to be repaid in full, much less with interest, and that's all Obama

Source(s): grampa

Because they support who ever Fox tells them to support. Do you really think they think for themselves?

• meg

The puppet masters have given us these choices. The lying illegal or pick one: rummy or newt.

Source(s): www.dumbellnebula.com/collectivism.htm Takes you to a transcript and a link
  • STILL can't find any case that beats "that guy's too much like a Democrat" I see.

Excellent question.

too much of that particular tea deadens the brain