Can I mail a card with a necklace inside from Ireland to the United States?

I got my mom a birthday card that I want to mail to her. I also bought her a necklace that I was hoping to just stick inside the card. Will I be able to do so?

Favorite Answer

Pirates will take it don't do it

Source(s): I'm a pirate
  • ?

Not just in the same envelope as the card no, that is not secure at all. Put the card & the necklace inside a padded jiffy bag & it should be fine. Won't cost any more as the jiffy bag is thin it will go as a "large envelope" rate.

If the necklace is valuable sent it "signed for" registered delivery so you can track its progress & the necklace is insured against loss. You can also get a green customs sticker from the post office to fill in & stick on it stating what the package contains so the customs are less likely to open it to check the contents.

Source(s): Ebay powerseller, I post things to the USA quite often

I wouldn't try it... my fiance sent me a few things from Ireland to the states when he was there and I was lucky to get them in one piece! Buy an inexpensive padded envelope and place both the card and the necklace wrapped in tissue paper or bubble wrap inside. Should be fine with the protective layer. Post it correctly, and allow plenty of time.