Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 9 years ago

am i in risk of getting hiv or aids this way?

OK so i went to the nail salon to get my nails done. While the lady was doing them I noticed she pricked her finger and bled a little. She didn't notice it however. I'm just concerned because I had a little bloody hangnail which still is red and hurts but it wasn't bleeding, yet it wasn't fully healed. Is there a chance if her blood touched it, can I get the disease/virus? I'm not assuming she has it but it does concern me. Please don't leave rude comments I'm really scared.

Favorite Answer

Odds are you probably don't, sweety. However, to ease your mind go get tested. They'll probably have you come back again in 6 months. I wouldn't worry about it.

Okay this happened to me too about a year ago some older man maybe 40's pr 50's was buying a bunch of veggies and then pricked him self with an artichoke but wrapped it in a couple bags and i dont really remember if it poked me or not but im freaking out that it might have, but i was looking stuff up and it would have to go like directly into your blood stream and it would have to be more than just a speck of blood. I associated an artichoke with a hypodermic needle and people were trying to explain to me that a hypodermic needle go straight directly into your blood stream and pushes all the bacteria from that person to the other person and thats how people sharing needles get it. Plus i started thinking of all people what are the chances this person has hiv and the chances that i got poked by the exact same prick as they did. It really is a scary thing...so in the long run i suffer from a phobia and every time i walk by someone i close my eyes for fear they may spit blood in it, it's really not a fun thing to be scared by this, and even having people try to explain to you that the chances are so slim and want me to get tested just so i can get closure. I am way too scared to get tested.

Source(s): Someone who is also scared, and is sharing your fear.