Jamie A asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

What is the best spray spot treatments for doggy accidents?

looking for a good spray spot treatment to fully take pee or poo accident stain and smell out of carpet, suggestions anyone???

FYI all please stop saying "Train that dog" i neglected to say she just came home the other night and is new to her enviorment accidents are to be expected for the first few days

• Sarah
    Favorite Answer

Something that does NOT contain ammonia. Bissell makes good affordable easy to find pet products.

I do a two step process that thoroughly cleans:

First i take a cup with 1/4 distilled white vinegar and the rest warm water. I pour this solution from the middle of the stain spot until I see it go slightly beyond the outside of the spot. Let it sit about three minutes. This breaks down the urine/smell. Take old rags or thick paper towels and step on them to soak this up, including stepping on the area outside the new visible ring.

Then, take some Resolve tough stain carpet cleaner and spray that on the entire area- take a soft brush and scrub it in the area then get more rags or paper towel and step on it until you get up all the liquid that you can. This works very well.

The two most popular brands are Nature's Miracle and Simple Solution. Both work good, but I believe Simple Solution is better and cheaper. Now if you want to know my favorite, but is probably not the most popular choice, it's Woolite PET+Oxygen Stain & Odor Remover. I just looked at the bottle I have and it's 22oz. and the price was $4.89. (Kroger's, I think) If you get the Newspaper, sometimes there are coupons for this.

you want to make sure to descent the area, some dogs will continue to smell the urine and think it is ok to urinate there, most pet stores carry cleaners that will work. I like urine off http://urineoff.com/pet.php

You can use a black light (uv light) to find urine spots that you may have missed.

Crate training is the most effective way to house train a dog, no matter how young or old.

• Alison

hydrogen peroxide works best. It actually lifts the stain.

Put it in a spray bottle and keep spraying it on that area using a strong paper towel or reg towel and keep dabbing.

I have used Peroxide mixed with some baking soda & water in a squirt bottle and it worked great on a mattress.

Source(s): dog groomer
  • Holly

Pet Stain and Odor Remover. Simple Solution or Nature's Miracle are good brands.

You can buy this at most pet stores. I swear by the stuff.

i does not. they are the two poisons. Is your canine having flea issues inspite of the Frontline? if so, are all your animals being dealt with? you have got an infestation. This takes time & dissimilar remedies of the area using fact of unpolluted batches of eggs hatching.

Anything antibactieral that smells good.

Train that dog!

none i know of except to train dogs to go out