My boyfriend is always borrowing money from me?

Im financially stable and I do make more than him. But its like he expects me to pay on most of our dates because he claims he's "broke". He had to pay for a lot of traffic tickets, driving on suspended license, etc. So he owes the courts a lot of money. So hes been borrowing money, not small amounts, like usually 400-500 at a time and he does pay me back but like 2 weeks after the day he promised it will be paid back. im really annoyed and irritated but I dont want to make it seem like Im being a golddigger or that its all about money. How do I talk to him about this???

Favorite Answer

It's your money to do with as you choose. If he's paying you back and the two weeks isn't a hardship for you I don't think it's a big deal. If he starts being later or doesn't make a payback, bring the hammer down. Secondly, make sure you are not being naive about his money problems. The reasons he's giving you now sound honest but should be temporary. If it continues, something else is going on. Watch for him to make private phone calls particularly on weekends and primetime. Lotta guys get hooked betting sporting events.

A golddigger is someone who dates/marries a person just because they have wealth.

Youre not a golddigger

See dictionary.com

He's paying you back, but I would start examining this relationship, and how long term you want it to be. If you get to the point of having children, he most likely would be a dead beat dad...should you part. Not everyone we fall in love with is marriage material.

Tell him your putting your money in an investment --like a CD or such-- so wont have it to loan him in the future.

He does pay you back. Maybe a little late but he still does. Although I have to wonder. Why is he getting all these traffic tickets and driving on a suspended license? Sounds like a reckless person and he will probably be reckless with your relationship.

Tell him that you need money for you and don't have extra money for him. You need to save your own money incase of an emergency. You shouldn't pay for your own dates with him. Let him find a way to get money to take you out. Your the one that's doing everything. You should just leave him you can't take him sersious. He won't be able to support you in the future. If you want his kids. He owes alot of money and is irresponsible. He should be paying for his consequences. It's not your job to keep paying off his stuff. He'll never learn and it's a shame that he's always asking you money.

Well tell him how you feel about it, that you don't mind him borrowing money and that you're happy to help but he needs to pay you back because they are larges sums of money. You can get him to pay in parts like 20$ every week or something.

I went through something similar.

My ex-girlfriend, divorced with two small kids and an ex who never paid his child support. What this translates to? I ended up basically giving her like I don't know.. between 10 and 20 grand over a 3 year period.

Eventually I had to walk away.

Why?

Because when i brought it up she accused me of keeping an economic tab?

Source(s): life experience

I think he is irresponsible and is the gold digger.

Tell him you are not comfortable always lending him money.

Ask him when he is going to get his life under control

Sometime you will have to say - enough is enough

Your relationship is not progressing. He is no longer doing anything productive in his life. He's now homeless and nonetheless not making an effort to get a job. Inform him the way you consider. Inform him it's time to get a job and develop up. Wait three months and if he is carried out nothing, you have got your reply. Or just break it off now. Your call. He perhaps sweet, however he is additionally a manipulative leech.

• Dan H

At least he pays you back. That might stop at some point though.

You might want to question why you are in this relationship.

You know. After my experience with Leechs. You should be thankful you are getting anything back at all. I never did. As long as you don't have to keep reminding him like he hopes you forget all is good.