Anyone receive their tax Refund today 1/27/2012?

Curious to see if anyone received their tax refund today. A lot of us that used Turbo Tax was given this date, however mine did not show.

Favorite Answer

I called the IRS about mine this morning.... They told me there was a glitch in the system the IRS website says I should see my refund by the 31st, it was accepted by the IRS on the 17th... What they told me today was there was a unexpected glitch in the system and its not updating properly, my refund is scheduled to be deposited on the 1st... more waiting!

Here is the number i called... 800-829-0582 ext 362

Did u pay for your return up front or did u have TT take the charge out of your refund? It seems like the ones that paid for their returns using TT's Santa Barbra bank is getting them faster than those of us that piad upfront.

After waiting on hold for 28 minutes, I just talked to a IRS rep and was told there is a glitch in the system and no refunds will be issued until next Wednesday 2/1/12 at the earliest. I don't think this is true as some people have said they have received theirs already.The WMR said I was scheduled for direct deposit today, 1/27, but have not received it. Very confused and irritated!!!!

Source(s): IRS Rep Ruth

I used Turbotax and according to Turbotax the $$ was suppose to be in my account 1/27... IRS WEBSITE said by 1/31 but when I called IRS yesterday the man told me no DD til 2/9... I don't understand how this can be when I filed on 1/17.... 2/9 would be longer than 21 days and I filed electronically. This has been frustrating to say the least.

I finally did. I was showing a "deposit by" date of 1/31 up until yesterday morning. It then changed to a definite deposit date of 1/30. Originally, it was supposed to be the 25th, but as we all know, there were some issues with their system. I called SBBT around 8am and they did not show a deposit. I then called the IRS around 10am and they said they didnt show a direct deposit being made. At 10:15, I decided to check SBBT's website again (just for kicks) and the deposit was there. I then called SBBT and she informed me that they had just recieved it, took their fees, and sent it on to Netspend. They had just done the process so there wasn't a trace number as of yet. So, I have learned a few things: 1. It can go in at any time of the day, 2. IRS reps know absolutely nothing, 3. WMR is just as unreliable as calling the IRS rep. Hope this helps everyone and good luck!

Krawler- I revived a direct deposit by the IRS today into Santa Barbra bank. I had a DD date of 1/30. Still hasn't been put onto my TT card as of yet, though Santa Barbra web site says they took out all the fees and have released it to my card. I'm figuring it will take 1-2 days to be on it? Dose that sound right? Or will it be there today?

Source(s): Santa Barbra bank self

my husbands says

Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on February 1, 2012. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 6, 2012, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 6, 2012 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

mine has been changed from feb 7th to feb 21

We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Your expected refund date has been changed due to processing delays. You should receive your refund by February 21, 2012. Please wait until that date to contact us again because we cannot take any action until then. Thank you for your patience

No i haven't either, like most of you i filed on the 17th and the wmr says i should expect it by the 31st. But my husband called h and r block and they told him ours will be there on the 30th. last year the first DD date was the 28th and surely enough i got mine on the 28th. I was taken aback by that because it was so quick. Hopefully mine comes in tonight or monday, i could really use it.

i had dd date of 1/30 and called bank today and they said even though i cant see or access the funds that they have a dd in their system scheduled to be deposited right on schedule on monday from the irs

I did, but my WMR has said a DD date of 1/27 for two days now. Prior to that, it said by Feb.7

Yea dd in my account and was due 1-30-2012, per IRS.