2004 hyundai elantra clutch and throw out bearing?

Hello, we have installed a new clutch and throw out bearing. We have installed it and now have the clutch linkage in place. My problem is that the rod that moves the clutch will only move a millimeter or so. Any ideas? Linkage is in original position, bearing was greased up, clutch was properly aligned and torqued to specs. Thanks

• Onnied
    Favorite Answer

what kind of system is it cable pull,linkage push or hydraulic slave cylinder help me help you

If the clutch pedal is going to the floor and the slave cylinder rod is only moving a millimeter you have air in the system. Bleed the air out by having another person push the clutch pedal with their hand. slowly push the pedal down and pull it back up and then hold the pedal to the floor. Quickly crack and tighten the slave cylinder bleeder screw. Repeat this procedure until you get good pedal pressure and the clutch works. If there is any sign of a leak at the clutch master cylinder boot or the slave cylinder boot replace which ever on is leaking. I'd replace the slave cylinder along with the master cylinder if the master is leaking. Was the clutch bad or did you misdiagnose it?

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech