Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 9 years ago

Does anyone know of any free off-ice hockey training programs that wont involve going to gym?

I play B hockey and I want to play AA next year and i will do anything to get there.

someone please help!

Favorite Answer

if you will do anything to get there you will go to the gym

Source(s): p

I'm 16, and I had the same problem as you. I would just search for hockey training videos on youtube, and Google for hours and hours everyday. I also purchase a book called Complete Conditioning For Hockey. It's by Peter Twist who was an NHL Strength & Conditioning coach, and now runs his own franchise (Twist Conditioning). he has 2 different books, one from like 1997, and another from about 2007. I have the most updated book (latest), and it is excellent. He teaches you all hockey specific exercises that will translate into on-ice improvements. I recommend it to you if you want to be a better hockey player.

Otherwise, you can always try googling, or search on Youtube for hockey exercises and workouts.

Good luck!

Get the home ice kit. It's fake ice that you slide back and forth on, and if you get a big enough shee of this "Fake ice" you can even practice stickhandling!