Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 9 years ago

Does anyone know of any free off-ice hockey training programs that wont involve going to gym?

I play B hockey and I want to play AA next year and i will do anything to get there.

someone please help!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

if you will do anything to get there you will go to the gym

Source(s): p
  • 9 years ago

I'm 16, and I had the same problem as you. I would just search for hockey training videos on youtube, and Google for hours and hours everyday. I also purchase a book called Complete Conditioning For Hockey. It's by Peter Twist who was an NHL Strength & Conditioning coach, and now runs his own franchise (Twist Conditioning). he has 2 different books, one from like 1997, and another from about 2007. I have the most updated book (latest), and it is excellent. He teaches you all hockey specific exercises that will translate into on-ice improvements. I recommend it to you if you want to be a better hockey player.

Otherwise, you can always try googling, or search on Youtube for hockey exercises and workouts.

Good luck!

• 9 years ago

Get the home ice kit. It's fake ice that you slide back and forth on, and if you get a big enough shee of this "Fake ice" you can even practice stickhandling!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.