How do I stop getting upset when people mistake me for a girl?

I like wearing girl's clothes but I don't try to be seen as like the opposite gender any more than many girls that crossdress do. Clothes are clothes to me.

Alas people often think of me as a girl when I wear girls clothes. This infuriates me - it makes me feel like I'm being misgendered. It's just a little mistake though; that's what happens when you look androgynous.

How do I get over this?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

How about not wearing girls clothes?

Just a thought.

• A.J.
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Are you serious? You wear girls clothes and are upset that people think you are a girl? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Either realize that people are going to think you are a female, or stop wearing their clothes. It really is that simple.

• 9 years ago

Try having a sense of humor about it. I get confused for a girl all the time, and I've even had guys say I have a nice butt. When you look at it, if a straight guy confused you for a girl and said you had a cute butt that would be pretty funny. So yeah, just keep a sense of humor about it and all will be right with the world.

Source(s): personal experience
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Perhaps if you got a very masculine haircut, or wore a necklace of the male symbol? Or maybe a baseball cap? Or darker colors?

The only way to stop getting upset I think would to work on building your confidence and not taking it seriously because thier just strangers and they don't know you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Unless you like REALLY feminine this shouldent really happen. But sence it does, you have to expect it. If you wear clothes from the section called " girls" then people may think you are one.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Don't wear girls clothes?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.