How do I stop getting upset when people mistake me for a girl?

I like wearing girl's clothes but I don't try to be seen as like the opposite gender any more than many girls that crossdress do. Clothes are clothes to me.

Alas people often think of me as a girl when I wear girls clothes. This infuriates me - it makes me feel like I'm being misgendered. It's just a little mistake though; that's what happens when you look androgynous.

How do I get over this?

Favorite Answer

How about not wearing girls clothes?

Just a thought.

• A.J.

Are you serious? You wear girls clothes and are upset that people think you are a girl? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Either realize that people are going to think you are a female, or stop wearing their clothes. It really is that simple.

Try having a sense of humor about it. I get confused for a girl all the time, and I've even had guys say I have a nice butt. When you look at it, if a straight guy confused you for a girl and said you had a cute butt that would be pretty funny. So yeah, just keep a sense of humor about it and all will be right with the world.

Source(s): personal experience
  • ?

Perhaps if you got a very masculine haircut, or wore a necklace of the male symbol? Or maybe a baseball cap? Or darker colors?

The only way to stop getting upset I think would to work on building your confidence and not taking it seriously because thier just strangers and they don't know you.

Unless you like REALLY feminine this shouldent really happen. But sence it does, you have to expect it. If you wear clothes from the section called " girls" then people may think you are one.

• ?

Don't wear girls clothes?