How much does it cost to have your name changed?

I'm a 17 year old female and I just want to switch my first name to my last name. Switcing Latoya to Nicole

Favorite Answer

It doesn't cost anything to change your name. You just have to go to the county clerk's office, ask for a name change form, fill it out. take it back to the court, have the court issue it (stamp it and sign it), then take it to the social security office and apply for a new social security card with your new name. Then, when you get your new security card in the mail, take it with you to the mvd, and get a new id or license with your new name on it. But, since you are under 18, you will probably have to have a parent come with you for all of it.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): cost changed: https://tr.im/abUr8

If the name change was due to you getting married then there would be no charge.But to change a name or last name there's a charge. It depends on what state.I had my sons last name changed about 6 years ago I used an attorney and the only thing he charged me was a filing fee which was what they charge you to file with the clerk of court.

Source(s): Personal Experience