Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 9 years ago

Will a ford focus motor fit in a mazda5?

Cause I want to do the v8 swap on my mazda5 but they make it for the focus? It is a direct bolt in for the focus. My Mazda is a 2007 or would a 2.3 supercharged motor out of Mazda milinia be an easier swap?

Favorite Answer

With the right amount of money you can fit a W16 Quad Turbo if you want, do NOT ask if its possible, ASK how much? and yes it will be very expensive, do not even think anything less than $6000 USD.

You can use a car performance simulator to help you decide what engine is better, you can virtually swap any engine in there and run tests to see how the car would perform, try at http://www.nxgtrsim.com/

"Cause I want to do the v8 swap on my mazda5 "

BWHAHAHAHA

"but they make it for the focus"

The V8 Focuss you (very rarely( see really aren't Foci anymore, everything about them has been changed other than the body, The car is completely rengineered. New driveline, chassis mods, new suspension front and rear, etc.

"It is a direct bolt in for the focus"

Hell no it's not, it's project that would take a couple of professionals months to pull off. It's not something you can do your driveway over the course of weekend. Racin g is way, way low on his estimate, the price for everything, new motor, new tranny, new everying plus labor will be well into the $20k range or better.

"or would a 2.3 supercharged motor out of Mazda milinia be an easier swap"

Probably as you wouldn't have to convert the car to RWD. But's still going to cost you much more than the car is worth to pull off.