Does rap music only exist, because it does not require talent or a good singing voice?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

hell yes someone finally figured it out

• 9 years ago

It's pointless talking to somebody like you. I've tried to convince people like you for soo long to give something a chance before judging it. You listen to guys like Wayne, Drake, Soulja Boy etc and then you automatically give rap a bad name. But the thing about Rap is, you gotta go underground and old school to find the good stuff. Listen to some Nas, Pac, or Immortal Technique. Their songs will make you listen and have an impact on you. Don't be a closed minded person. Just because it's not necessarily sung, doesn't mean it's not music. A lot of emotion go into real rap and until you give it a try, you will always be a judgemental close minded person.

Source(s): Have a nice day.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well, to be fair, I guess for some people it is. Many rappers don't know anything about rap itself, they just shout out the biggest rappers they can think of and hope they can find a great producer. Rap really started out as spoken word performances, often critical of African American popular culture and the government's past and present actions. A lot of rappers keep this message in mind, such as Kanye West and Game. However, many prefer a more light-hearted/whimsical approach, such as Eminem and Soulja Boy. So it really depends on the rapper, but rap was born as a means of protest, not for making hit songs.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

no. It takes time and effort to think up rhymes. If you just start out rapping and continue a year later you will see that you have gotten alot better which proves there is talent in it. Although the stuff on the radio is bullshit

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Fabian
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Modern rap sucks. Lil wayne, Drake, and any other rich idiot who white kids love. They suck.

They may not have great voices but you must search for the true raw rappers who are born and raised in the harsh environments. Alot of rap has a good meaning, alot of rappers sing about how they did terrible decisions and give a positive message to alot of youth.

but they are very underrated. Just like any other genre of music, there is always the few artists who ruin the whole genre.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, it exists because it takes talent ot spit rhymes like that and the tunes (some of them) are quite catchy.

Source(s): :-)
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

No use to convince people like you, you'll still believe what you wanna believe until some random white rapper screaming about killing his mother and girlfriend changes your mind. 2 pts please.

• 9 years ago

I agree. Most rappers sound like if they had voices of an alien

• 9 years ago

I'd like to hear you spit some bars

Source(s): Ignorance is a blessing but in your case it is just pathetic
  • 9 years ago

Yes lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.