How do I get sound out of my Turtle Beach X31's when my Xbox 360 is connection to a computer monitor?

So I have speakers connected to my desktop tower and can say listen to music fine. Now I have my Xbox 360 connected to my monitor but because the speakers are not connected to the Xbox in anyway, no sound comes out when I switch from DVI to HDMI. So how do I make it so I can hear sound from the Xbox either through to speakers or Turtle Beach's?

I have the Slim version of the Xbox 360 if that helps in anyway.

So I have been doing some research and found that if the slim has an S/PDIF slot in the back of the Xbox for audio. But my sound system doesn't have an S/PDIF slot on it. If I get a S/PDIF to a 3.5mm male and plug it into my subwoofer will that work?

Just realized I had a typo in my question. It should say "How do I get sound out of my Turtle Beach X31's when my Xbox 360 is connected to a computer monitor?"

dunno