Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Religion: Cont. How is it not clear...?

Religion played a very important part in evolution, the art of storytelling was born. Then people started working together, they all had the same goal(spoke the same language), to reach a higher level. Different groups recorded this evolutionary fact. One clear record is the story of the tower of Babel in the Bible.

Update:

The earliest forms of storytelling were thought to have been primarily oral combined with gestures and expressions. In addition to being part of religious ritual, rock art may have been a form of storytelling for many of the ancient cultures.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

So now we are back to "there was NO civilization before religion"? "There was NO stories told before religion:?

• Storytelling probably existed before religion. I'd imagine ancient man learned to tell stories first by recounting real events (an exciting mammoth hunt for instance) and then later, by spicing things up with little nuggets of fiction.

the tower of babel is obviously false.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I might concede that religion played a role in the evolution of our society, but it was hardly how storytelling was born.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

That was just Wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin.

Suffice to say it was over loaded with assumptions.

Religion played no part in origin of species . . . you flipped over to another meaning of evolution.

~

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.