If you lie about your college experience on a job application does the job have any way of checking it?

I have a problem.I haven't worked since 2010.I would like to put on the application that I have been attending school online since 2010,so as to make it appear as if I haven't been doing anything.I'm appyling to clothing stores,starbucks,dunkin donuts.I want to know is there any way they can check and find out that I am not really attending any school?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You never know. It's better not to lie, they have a way of catching up to you in time.

• 9 years ago

If you're going to lie about it, I recommend doing your research. I would say I was going part time so that I wouldn't have a whole lot to make up. If you say you have classes on certain days, remember you have "classes" on those days! You don't know if things like that will come up in casual conversation, have some information to provide about you classes and some teacher. JUST remember though, you may run into someone who is actually going to the school you mentioned, so it's up to you if you want to risk it.

MY second recommendation, stay long enough to have a new work history, then quickly find a new job where you don't have to lie anymore!

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

in case you list an section that you worked, they can call and examine. in case you list an section that now no longer exists, they can ask to ascertain your paystub as verification. some places received't examine, maximum will. If a company does examine, and famous out, you run the added chance of not in any respect with the flexibility to get a job at that company in the destiny.

• 9 years ago

Honestly, the places that you're applying probably wont check. But if they do find out that you've been lying, its not good. Obviously.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, Burger King will not inspect your Harvard education.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.