Common term for silicone rubber?

What is the layman's term for it?

3 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Some of the caulks are made from silicone, often times they are sometimes referred to as RTV (room temperature vulcanization) as the silicone comes out as a liquid and then cures to a rubber at room temperature.

  • John M
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    There isn't one. You may find people calling it just silicone.

  • 9 years ago

    are you talking about caulk?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.