Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

Why is my cat attacking me?

Every time I sit on the couch my cat sits in front of me and stares at me with his ears pinned back and moving his tail. Then he jumps on the couch and bites me and draws blood. But other times he'll jump up, sit in my lap, pur, and fall asleep.

Favorite Answer

He could be just playing, but then again i'm not too sure about the draws blood part. He could just be being rough, my siamese sometimes gets really playful and goes hyper. She'll run and attack the chairs and carpet or anything that moves. And if she gets really into playing with me she might jump on me, bite my fingers if they move or scratch (accidentally). Does the biting seem aggressive ? Next time he does that and it's causing a problem maybe a stern (not mean and angry) NO!. He's probably just looking for attention :)

All cats have there own way of getting attention from you, and thats just because cats have very different but amazing personalities. My little girl will hide behind spaces and full on attack my leg or when im getting ready for work she will attack my foot. There just trying to be playful, cats need attention not just love

Source(s): owner

To stop the bloody attacks, first trim your cat's nails. No cat should be able to "climb" you if this is happening, too. This sounds like perfectly normal behavior, just playing. Put a paper sack on the floor, watch your cat go crazy for it.

I think that's just your cats personality. My cat will randomly attack me, and other people, as well even though I always treat her like a princess. I guess we just have to accept that cats descent from wild animals and it is still a bit in their instinct to attack people. But luckily she can also be a sweet cat because mine never likes to sit on my lap :P

If you annoy it or its relaxing and you disturb it it will retaliate sometimes it doesn't do it because it hates you but, because it's playing (I know it sounds stupid but, it's true).

Source(s): I have a cat.

It doesn't like you so you should get ride of it.