Can you actually die from loneliness/heartache?

i feel like i could sometimes and yes i realize how melodramatic that sounds lol

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually you can. It is called a sick heart syndrome I think. Plus your mental outlook has a lot to do with staying healthy.

Did you know that isolation can impair DNA transcription in our immune cells. This disruption also impairs thinking, will power, and perseverance, as well as our ability to read social signals and exercise social skills.

• 9 years ago

Yes you can. Its called depression. I am a very lonely person, and I struggle with loneliness, and heartache daily. But I do my best to continue with my life, and make new friends.

• 4 years ago

you're a actual physique and once you die you're lifeless and you watch for the resurrection as Acts 24:15;John 5:28-29 states. Romans 6:7 says our loss of existence frees (acquits) us of our sins by using fact of this a burning hell is a faux doctrine made to scare the religious ignorant, old women folk and young ones. basically spirit bodies can stay in heaven, actual bodies are created to stay to tell the story the earth! in case you choose scriptural prof e mail me.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Heartache, yes. Loneliness, no.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Logically thinking, I always say no

But when you look at the elderly... then yeah I think you actually can. There are many stories of a husband or wife passing away after their partner died

• 9 years ago

the important thing is not to let your emotions get the best of you .. emotions can be turned around depending on the atmosphere ..try to get yourself out of the place where you feel the saddest most of the time and bring back the happiness to that same place to encourage yourself to bring a difference to your circumstance .. doing nothing is the killer...

Source(s): happiness lives on
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

nah loneliness/heartache doesn't cause death.

some people just decide to end their lives over it

maybe heart attack, but not heart ache

• 9 years ago

Indirectly, yes.

People who are lonely very often don't bother to take care of themselves, leading to hypothermia, malnutrition, dehydration, etc.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

My dear, that ailment is so common that humans have adapted to survive it....but heartbreak still seems like the ultimate pain.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I'm 26 and still alive

Though I feel it may have shortened my life

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.