When religion has planted hate deep inside you?

When I was christian I belonged to a fundy group. They planted a lot of hate into all of their members. When I was able to kick free of it, I found that a large ball of hate was inside me. I turned it towards it's source, christianity, and did get rid of a lot of it. But some of the hate stubbornly remains. IT peeks it's ugly head out once in a while.

How do I cleanse myself of the rest of the hate that christianity planted?

How do you cleanse yourself of deep seated hate that was put there by christianity?

I am not targeting christianity by talking about this. If I would have been Muslim and this happened than the question would have been about the hatred that Islam planted. Christianity is a part of the this question because IT was the religion that did it to ME. I am not generalizing either...I am only talking about MY experiences here not anyone elses and my experience was with Christianity. So lets not wander off on another subject entirely by getting all caught up in those paths. Stick to the question I asked please.

Favorite Answer

I think that feelings of hatred are based upon fear, and also based upon a need to self protect, and on anger. Identifying both your fears and also what it is you need to protect yourself from and why it makes you angry are good first steps to releasing the emotions which are eating at you.

• Ky'rae

There's many religions that teach many lies, and these lies can put reasons for you to have hate.

Many religions are controlled by Satan, and Satan wants you to be hateful.

The Hellfire teaching is a lie.

Think of this say you were a parent and your kid disobeys, you wouldn't throw them in the stove. That would make you look cruel, and unreasonable.

God is a lover of justice, and he loves his people very much. The word Hell in the Bible is mankind's common grave. Any fire mentioned is figurative.

The Trinity is a lie. God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit aren't the same.Jesus clearly said that the Father was greater than I. And there's many more Scriptures.

Matthew 6:9,10 many people are familiar with the Lord's Prayer but many don't explain it well.

"Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified." This proves that God has a name. And it is Jehovah. And it is important that we draw close to God and to do that we must know his name.

And in 10 "Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth."

God's will has already taken place in heaven, but now we are awaiting for God's will for the earth, the Kingdom to take place on earth as it already is in heaven.

So that means it doesn't make sense for the Earth to be destroyed.

God is going to soon wipe out Satan and all wickedness and hatred, and suffering.

And he is going to cleanse and restore the Earth and make it more enjoyable to live.

There's so much that can be explained.

Many churches you have been to are hypocrites, selfish, and very corrupt.

So get out of those churches that are making you angry and hateful. Try Praying to God by his name Jehovah, and pour out your heart, and really vent your feelings.And the next time Jehovah's Witnesses knock on your door, listen to them for once, and you can escape your life of misery and find a life full of joy and love. Or go to www.watchtower.org and request a Bible Study, and get your life started, your real life started.

Best Wishes

Source(s): Bible www.watchtower.org

I honestly don't know how to help you, because I was really hateful, mean-spirited, prejudiced person when I was a christian as well. I became an atheist and it went away gradually by itself.

Though I disagree with Christianity and it's teaching's (VERY vehemently), I believe that you turning all that hate inside against the christian religion will be harmful to you.

Hate and prejudice are not easy things to shake free of most of the time, no matter how hard you try (especially, because for most people it has been INGRAINED into them since they were born). A thing that helped me was to TALK to close friends about it. Sitting and letting that hate fester inside of you is just about the worst thing that you can do. Maybe you could see a counselor? Confide in someone close to you and talk about it?

If your prejudice is against gays, people of different color, people of different religions, etc. Than another thing you can do is EDUCATE yourself. Get to know people for WHO they are and not what color their skin is, their sexual orientation or religious views. :)<3

• Apex

LOL. Talk about a loaded question, be careful were you point that thing.

How about you start by taking some responsibility for your own hatred, instead of acting like you are some helpless lot of land with weeds growing out of it. Christianity planted plenty of things in you and so does every day life. It is your responsibility to guard your own heart from the death that hatred brings silly.

You believe in god as you understand god. I understand that anyone with a god prays for relief from personal shortcomings so why don't you start there every morning.

• nish

“O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes that you may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well-acquainted(with all things).” (49:13)

is not this enough to remove hatred from your mind towards any community or nation or people?

I like how you redirected it back onto the thing that did you malice. That was a good start. For these other stubborn things, you are going to need to address each one directly and differently? For instance, if you hate homosexuals, maybe you should start hanging out with homosexuals. It's really going to be up to you.

• Bob

If you got hate from a carpenter who was crucified for saying things like this....

Matthew 5

39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Then maybe the problem is you.

Source(s): bible

None. I am my own person, in control of the forces within me that make life bearable. No outside force can cause me to love or hate, to be angry or at peace.

You sound like a Sith Lord. Hate isn't something that dwells in you like some sort of energy. You have it because you believe it. If you don't believe it, you don't have it. Why should you have to release hate like you've got dirty oil in a car? Just stop hating things.

religion is supposed to plant love/peace deep inside you, if it doesn't manage to do it, then leave it because it didn't work and it doesn't make sense to go on in it