Any advice to get my computer CD/DVD player working again?

It's not working and got this message...

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

It's a HL-PT-ST-DVDNAM GH15F SCSI CD-ROM from Windows Vista and have a Acer PC. Thanks

Thanks for the answers but Jerry is getting 10pts. It was the registry that caused it. After locating KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, I've deleted the UpperFilter, re-started it and works!!!!

• Jerry
    Favorite Answer

Ew registry stuff :-P

I recommend uninstalling the drivers and such (in device manager) and re-installing it. If that doesn't work, I would physically remove it and re-install it, if that doesn't work, I'd try the drive in another computer to test it.

run system restore on it