Can someone tell me why I get nauseous from drinking water in the morning, but not soda or milk?

This has always happened but now I'm a nursing mom just trying to add some water to my diet. Every morning I drink about 10oz of water and feel sick for about 15 minutes. I mean sweating and very sick to my stomach. Thanks

• joe714
    Favorite Answer

i get nauseous too if i drink just plain water on an empty stomach in the morning.

since i quit drinking coffee i looked for a substitute morning drink

so i started drinking the juice of half or a whole lemon with a quart of warm water first think in the morning. sometimes i add honey.

i saw a youtube video on how it was a healthy drink to start the day so i've been doing it for a couple of months without any problem.

• M

10oz of water? That is nothing! I normally have between 2 and 3 litres a day! You probably feel nauseous because you're used to the energy boost you get from high sugar drinks.

• ?

the traditional suggestion from scientific practitioners is which you are going to drink a minimum of six glasses of water in keeping with day. at the beginning I understand which you haven't any longer been taking water regularly. The soreness you have on your abdomen must be with the aid of gasoline formation on your abdomen or on the different hand it ought to additionally be gastritis with ulcer. The maximum secure component you should do is to a see a physician and get an endoscopy completed to verify the inspiration clarification for you situation.

• April

I have 2 ideas on this. It could be that you don't like water. I used to dislike it too & it didn't make me feel well. After I got kidney stones & now have to drink lots of water, I finally got used to it. You could try flavoring the water with lemon, cucumber, cranberry juice, or whatever you like. My other thought is that there is something wrong with your water. If it's the water from your house that is making you sick, I suggest you have it tested.