I had a dream my boyfriend was cheating. does it mea anything?

Lastnight I had a dream that my boyfriend cheating on me. He sent me a message saying goodmorning and I told him about my dream. He's away at college and he told me not to worry about it because it was just a dream and he loves me and he used to have dreams like that about me the first two months he was in college. The first two months he was in college he was MEAN to me and I had no idea why.. it was because of the dreams he had been having. So just wondering. Do dreams mean anything? What causes people to have certain dreams. If they aren't real

Favorite Answer

Dreams show insecurities, you're probably having a dream like this because he is AWAY and not right by you. If you two truly love each other, you'll be faithful, you just have to see how things go though, don't rely on a dream to tell you if your boyfriend loves you enough to be faithful. My girlfriend currently lives 3,000 miles away from me and we've been apart for a year. It's really hard but we know we will one day be together and it's worth the wait :)

Source(s): life

As many other people said, it's more then likely your own insecurities coming out through dreams. Maybe you watched a movie recently that had a component of cheating in it, or there was a joke made or something that made it come up in your mind. The fact that he was grumpy with you when he was having those dreams most likely means that he would understand how that sort of instance would feel to him so he wouldn't do it to you, and that he does care about you, Dreams are normally just that, dreams. Good luck with everything, hope you get better dreams soon :)

Last night I had a dream that a purple fire-breathing dragon chased me up an escalator, but there aren't too many dragons running around, are there? Nope, so the dream might mean that you're anxious about him being away at college, and that's totally understandable. I think anyone would be. Dreams have more to do with what's happening to you on the inside than what's happening on the outside.

• Brooke

Just about a month ago, I would dream every night for about a week of my boyfriend cheating on me. We go to separate schools so I was like any girl, I worried myself. And that gave me those dreams of him cheating. It does not mean anything, you are just worried and if you think about him cheating on you or finding another girl all the time then that is why it is giving you those dreams. It may be constantly on your mind. But don't worry, it isn't your brain telling you he is cheating on you or something crazy like that. X)

Source(s): experience.

I dont think it means he is actually cheating of you. I used ti have a whole bunch of dreams about my boyfriend cheating on me, but i know he would never do it. I think its just our insecurities coming out in our dreams. Like an emotional nightmare.

Source(s): Personal Expirience

Dreams are just your mind's way of sorting out the daily events you experience. They may be completely irrelevant or relevant to your day. Dreams are basically the slightest bit of light reaching your eyes and your mind makes images out of it. I wouldn't worry that your boyfriend is cheating, it's just your subconscious thoughts that he might be.

if its just a dream maybe. if he acts defensive or accuses you of cheating constantly when your not then yeah theres a chance he could be cheating but if not then its just a dream or nightmare in your case . i would ask him to be truthful and tell you honest if he is cheating on you . if he says he doesnt then i guess hes not. depends on if he loves you.

dreams are never real...it's just your imagination, it could be caused on your daily habits, what you were doing right before you fell asleep and even what you eat. it sounds like you two may have some trust issues and you guys should figure it out.

• Mike

They are most likely a manifestation of your insecurities. I'm sure everything will be fine if you two really love each other and can trust each other.

its a dream no it doesnt mean anything or if they do then i will have superpowers be vey rich and be able to fly like in my dreams