Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 9 years ago

Lyrics tattoo question?

I want my tattoo to be in TWO lines but I don't know how to divide the sentence into two lines.. is it OK if I do it that way:

To live doesn't

mean you're alive

?

because as far as I know ''doesn't mean'' should stay together according to the rules, right? or am I wrong?

or shoud it be:

To live doesn't mean

you're alive

?

but I'm afraid this won't fit on my wrist :(

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't split that sentence to be honest. It doesn't really look good either way.

The 3-3 format doesn't make sense individually; the 4-2 format is without symmetry.

I like the wrist idea though, it's what I did :D

Got 'Pain Is Inevitable' on my right, and 'Suffering Is Optional' on my left.

If that quote really means that much to you, then go for it. It's just my opinion but I wouldn't split it up :3

It goes this way"

To live

doesn't mean

you're alive.

And you are right, it wont fit on a wrist but will fit perfect on an inner forearm and it will be easier to conceal there.

• Susan

I have one. George Thorogood's line Born To Be Bad. Written under a little devil on a cloud holding a pitch fork.

Doesn't mean is not a hyphenated word or phase. You can separate them how you please.