leia
leia asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

Aunt is trying to reunite after 13 years?

Here's the story. Basically my mom and aunt (her sister) had a huge falling out about 13 years ago. At the time I was 14, and really had no idea what it was about. Yesterday I checked my facebook and my aunt had sent me a friend request. I don't what to do. I haven't spoken to her in years, and the only reason I stopped was because my mom broke contact with her. My mom is telling me that if I friend her I will regret it because all my aunt is is drama. I don't even know if that's true of if that is just my mom talking. I remember my aunt being pretty cool. What would you do in this situation? Also no one on that side of the family knows I'm lesbian, which could open a whole new can of worms. I don't need their approval, as I'm a grown woman, but I would also like to avoid drama at all costs. Advice?

Favorite Answer

i think you should see what she has to say, you can deleter or block her if she starts problems.

you dont have to tell her your lesbian..

Suggest to your Mom that a meeting might be a good way of resolving this issue. After all whatever happened was 13 years ago and people do change. Sooner or late one of them will die and the other will surely regret not having settled their differences. It will also open a new chapter in your family life with lots of catching up to be done. There may be children you do not know or other relatives. My dear sister, my only one, died tow years ago and I thank God that we were close.I could never have lived with her dying and me not being there. Good luck. Your sexuality should not be an issue.

What does you being lesbian have to do with accepting a friend request.. U are a grown woman.. Be your aunt's friend.. Who cares what ur Mom thinks.. ??? She had her chance..

I would accept the friend request unless your mom really doesn't want you too, annd see what se has to say, remember you dont have to answer her or talk to her, but you might one day regret never getting to know her, she obviously wants to be there for you