Julia asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

How much weight will you lose by making yourself throw up?

No, I am not planning to do this and no, I don't think I need to loose weight either. I was just wondering because of this girl on America's Next Top Model. She was BONNNE skinny and she later admitted she's made herself throw up. How much weight does it make you loose and what does it feel like? After you do it, are you still full from the previous meal? Please no hate, I really am ONLY wondering.

• Apathy
    Favorite Answer

She didn't mention how painful it was to do such a thing and how she ended up stopping. Most people who try to throw up have an addiction to doing so and later cannot stop and develop bulimia. You can lose "weight" technically by throwing up since you are removing something from your body, but the fat is still there, it's like drinking a pound of water and weighing one pound heavier and thinking you got fatter, same as throwing up, it's a false number at the expense of your health. Also she's skinny because her body is now fragile, she looks normal because of the pounds of makeup caked on, but that's it, her body and health is in horrible shape and her age will be cut shorter than others. You aren't going to get full because your body is removing it from your intestines and it's like giving and taking and you feel hungry again, and this time weaker. It feels like a burning in your throat.

There are more tips and info. 1. If what you are eating has less than 1 carb, count it as 1 carb just to be sure. 2. Totally avoid caffine at least for the first two weeks on the program. 3. Drink a MINIMUM of 8 glasses of plain water or seltzer daily. 4. Don't weigh yourself more than once a week 5. Take starting measurements as well as weight - sometimes you'll lose inches before pounds 6. Avoid any type of "low carb" sweetener for the first two weeks 7. Don't compare your loss to someone else's - this is a YMMV thing (your milage may vary) 8. Stalls are common around the third week so don't panic 9. If you follow your plan to the T and don't lose, consider Candida as a possibility and avoid vinegar, cheese, mushrooms and any other fermented food 10. Have bloodwork done before starting so you have a comparison 11. Cholesterol can be elevated in the first few weeks til your body adjusts - make sure your doctor knows that you're doing low carb and when you started 12. Don't blame the diet if you don't read your plan book -- blame the diet if you don't read the labels -- Don't blame the diet if you don't follow the diet Good Luck and Take care :-)

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

Well I only know from my sister's experience with bulimia. She looked normal weight, since when you throw up you can't purge every calorie consumed.

She has told my family that it is painful. She would admit that her throat was very sore and she would have constant headaches. It also made her teeth look rotten from the acidity of the vomit. It got so bad that she started to get abdominal pains. We found out that she had an ulcer from her bulimia.

All I can say is that her bulimia took a toll on our family. My mom, dad, or I would be next to the bathroom door whenever she would try to throw up. But then she started throwing up at school, gyms, her own room, and it was really devastating. All I have to say about it is that bulimia is evil. It makes the person who has it miserable, and also makes the family members who love that individual miserable as well. Thank goodness she's better now.

But that's all I know from it. I wouldn't recommend throwing up to my worst enemy. If people want to lose weight, all I think they should do is eat semi healthy and work out.

It depends.. if you eat like a bird and purge you'll lose tons of weight, but once you stop and start eating normally (it's either that or you'll get sick/die) but if you eat normally and then purge only when you binge you most likely won't lose any but it will make it so you won't gain any either.. if you eat normally and purge you'll lose weight as well but slower than if you ate like a bird..

Don't do it and no it empties your stomach and you get hungry again, if you manage to get rid of it all you'll feel hungry again quite quick.. and from what i've heard it hurts your throat bad and you feel naseous after

Well you feel like crap afterwards and your really hungry too..... You lose what you just ate plus a bit more