Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

question to the religious If there was no heaven but?

only a hell where sinners are punished but the virtuous believers get to have an eternity of non existence after death.Would you become a sinner to have an afterlife or would you try to please god and strive toward nothingness?

There is no hell. Heaven is not a place. You do not need to have a physical place when you become light. Nothingness does not exist. For you always have feelings and feelings alone weigh more then anything on earth. The feeling of love of G-d will always be higher then any hell created by man. I am the voice of G-d.

• Duck

It's all supposition in the end, so I'll give your question a fair hearing.

If there was no heaven but eternal rest, I would continue trying to make earth as much of a heaven as I could, by protecting the environment, helping others out when they're in a jam, and learning as much as I can. I would try to enjoy this one life as much as possible.

Eternal life isn't as important to me as making life better for everyone around me in the now. Eternal life will take care of itself, and if it's so, then great. If not, at least I can die knowing that I made others' lives better as well as my own.

Eternal blissfulness as peace and quiet over punishment for eternity? Blissfulness of course. In the meantime, a wonderful relationship and peace in my heart on earth by celebrating my Savior.

To elaborate a bit on One Truths' answer....Hell is on Earth

The Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) 1963 statement referred to Hell directly: "...Jesus Christ will return...to the earth; ...Christ will judge all men in righteousness. The unrighteous will be consigned to Hell, the place of everlasting punishment."

In what is known as the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus warns His disciples about harboring anger and malice toward another person, and openly condemning them:

"But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'RACA!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'YOU FOOL!' shall be in danger of hell fire." (Matthew 5:22, NKJV)

Although the Greek word Gehenna is translated "hell" in this and other passages (Matthew 23:33, Mark 9:43, etc.), its literal meaning is "the Valley of Hinnom"

(Strong's Concordance Number #G1067);

ge-hinnom, valley of (the son of) Hinnom; ge-henna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment

Derivation: of Hebrew origin (H1516 and H2011);

KJV Usage: hell. H1516 H2011

Thayer:1) Hell is the place of the future punishment call "Gehenna" or "Gehenna of fire". This was originally the valley of Hinnom, south of Jerusalem, where the filth and dead animals of the city were cast out and burned; a fit symbol of the wicked and their future destruction.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words

The valley of Hinnom is a deep, narrow ravine on the south end of Jerusalem. Anciently, it was in this valley that idolatrous Israelites worshipped the pagan gods Moloch and Baal through the abominable sacrificial practice of burning their own children alive (the Bible call this practice "passing through the fire" - See 2Kings 16:3, 23:10; 2Chronicles 28:3, Jeremiah 7:31).

The first mention in the Bible of the valley of Himmon is in the book of Joshua where the borders of the tribe of Judah are defined:

"And the border went up by the Valley of the Son of Hinnom to the southern slope of the Jebusite city (which is Jerusalem). The border went up to the top of the mountain that lies before the Valley of Hinnom westward, which is at the end of the Valley of Rephaim northward." (Joshua 15:8, NKJV)

Sources: Easton's Bible Dictionary; Albert Barnes' Notes on the Bible; Adam Clark's Commentary on the Entire Bible; Jamieson, Fausset and Brown Commentary

On earth you are supposed to strive to reach heaven, wouldn't that make earth hell

• :)

I dont hypothetically speak. I strive for Paradise and the pleasure of meeting my Lord.

Source(s): Islam

I believe energy is never created or destroyed. Most people are dead. When you die your brain releases DMT and where you go with it is all up to you.

• Sean