Christians: How can you possibly enjoy an opera, or a fine meal, or a church service knowing it must End?

Do you understand how stupid it is to think life has no meaning if it is finite?

And to Bill B. - I guess no once in a lifetime vacations for you. If it can't be repeated, why bother?

Motivational Raven - You nailed it. Anything that was never-ending would be unbearable after a point. Including "ever-lasting life with Jesus"

Favorite Answer

Nothing ends. Things just change.

I get your point, although I wonder how much "meaning" there is in a fine meal, and I'm not a big fan of Opera.

I think there is more "meaning" in finite lives than any of the examples you've suggested, but I am in agreement that life on Earth is meaningful.

Peace; DD

Okay, I'm onboard with you most times, but you seem to be suggesting no Christian is enjoying this lifetime. I beg to differ. I'm atheist, but I know happy Christians who are enjoying this life.

I'm thinking if you tweaked your question a little, to fundies or something like that.

PS: Sorry, apparently I'm missing half the story, I never saw the original Q this parodies....

i can only enjoy an opera if i know it will end soon. Life has a meaning even though its finite. Its to serve God. At least thats my beleifs as a Christian. if you disagree then im not going to force my beleifs on you.

• Lynn

All Earthly things will end one day, so why not enjoy them? But a never-ending life with Jesus is my cup of tea

• ?

Massive assumption failure. Most Christians I know to include me think a spiritual life is an existence that is infinitely different without repetition.

Keep banging that square peg into that round hole.

Or associate with fun but hellbound Uncle Bob?

• ?

......wait what? All earthly things come to an end. It doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy them. We enjoy ourselves quite nicely living for a purpose.

That is HOW we enjoy it, it would not be very enjoyable if those things never ended

It beats having your head chopped off by those crazy muslims