Why did the Republican put up such crappy challengers to Obama? its like they have a deal with the Democrats?

to let them have the presidency again. Both Parties act as one behind doors they are all chums and help each other out.

Favorite Answer

The end of the Bush administration created a bit of a power vacuum in the Republican Party. Those associated with that administration have too much to answer for to run for office. Those who have any clout in the Republican Party but not associated with that administration are still building their political careers and not ready for a run at the presidency yet. Therefore, this year we have people who have been with the GOP for awhile, but people who were pariahs during the Bush years.

It's probably for the best, though. After what the Republican-controlled government did under Bush and what the Democrat-controlled government did under Obama, I don't think Americans are willing to trust one party with all the power yet. And with the Republicans in control of the House and poised to take control of the Senate, I don't think most Americans want to put a Republican in the White House too. I think the Republicans might be better off focusing on congressional races and keeping Obama around in order to take the heat for unpopular legislation that will be needed to get the country's financial house back in order, trying to make the country as strong as possible when new conservative blood is ready to make a run at the White House in 2016.

That's always a possibility. John Kerry could have won the 2004 election and then suddenly stopped trying! I think it was a deal. The 2000 election? Possibly a deal also. If Gore had made an effort to win in his and Clinton's home states Florida wouldn't have been an issue - and just so it looks more "real" Gore has a tantrum about voter fraud. Yeah I think deals are made and even though I am a Democrat the absence of any electable candidate from the Republicans seems fishy.

• Eric R

While I disagree that they have a "deal" with the Democrats, it sure feels like we are getting the same people to vote for election after election...

I would prefer someone fresh, who has NEVER been a politician, but HAS been a business leader (successful) to be my next President. I don't care what race or gender they are, just be capable of leading.

I want a President who will hold Congress' feet to the fire and get them to pass a term limits bill, get rid of their pension plans and freeze their current salaries for the next 50 years.

Source(s): common sense
  • meg

The Republicans are not one party but two and there is no one the satisfies both groups. The compromised with Bush and neither group was happy with the result.

We could only afford Gingrich.

Romoney and Santorum are being crappy for free.

Thanks now everybody knows!

When the economy is crippled they let the democrats win.

You do have a point, wait for Rubio, he will get it done...