Any physical or visual proof of God's existence?

Please, do not drown me in your silly 'proof' which is of plain text copy pasted from some book. Also, explain to me how you know he exists. Are you sure you're not just believing he exists? If you're 100% sure he exists, give me your proof. (Proper proof.)

The bible is physical. But it's just a piece of paper with some ink on it. That's not proof or evidence. That is a piece of paper. Physical proof/evidence blah blah could be artifacts mine sites etc. that contain past elements which supports God's existence. Visual proof would be images or videos of encounters or miracles.

More:

I'm just asking this to challenge Christians and other religious people.

@OneDrop I'll ask for proof if I want. K? Who are you to nag at my question for asking for evidence or proof of someone's existence?

24 minutes, no answers with evidence/proof. This, Christians, is why us, Atheists, don't believe in God.

Favorite Answer

"Any physical or visual proof of God's existence?"

No, but their belief comes from believing goat herders that claim to have seen god.

Of course, they wouldn't believe me if I said I saw Jesus earlier in the street. But a goat herder from over 2000 years ago? Oh they'll definitely trust him.

Would they trust a redneck abducted by aliens? Or a girl that sees faires at the bottom of her garden? No, they can only trust humans from over 2000 years ago.

They believe 'eye-witness' testimonies, without realising that eye-witnesses are unreliable, and they don't see things correctly, or they lie on purpose - OR they're forced to lie by someone holding a knife at their throat.

If I had 100 people hostage, and I told them all to write a pretend eye-witness testimony, about seeing Jesus or God, and all 100 testimonies LOOKED feasible enough, and they get not killed for writing the lie, then later on, historians see those 100 testimonies - 100 people looks like quite good evidence, It wouldn't be though.

• Tanner

Nope. There is no physical or visual proof of God that I'm aware of. The Christian religion is very faith oriented. But I'm 100% sure He exists, and I have none of your "proof." Researching the validity of a religion is a good way to find out though

First to say, "God" symbolizes an abstract concept of psychological, sociological, cosmological and metaphysical nature. "God" is wrapped in metaphor and symbolism, to depict how the phenomena of existence interrelate which lay beyond our horizon of perception of reality. In that context you can also understand the definition of "God" as being Everything Existing through how we perceive it. Philosophically, you can say that you "are and are not" God, because what you are is what there is... You just have to open up to what you are integral of...

"God" is a symbolic representation of what life stands for as an existing phenomenon which originated "for reason or not" in this universe. On a more "Earthly" basis, the root of the word "God" tells by itself. Basically, it means "to gain higher self-awareness - to become spiritually rich".

The Bible is a guide on how to make the most of the harsh reality of life. It is what your ancestors recollected from the vast mythological legacy their ancestors left them. The Bible can serve you the same way your dreams serve you. Every single myth from every single religion has that same purpose; to serve as guide toward a better tomorrow.

Mythology to society is what dreams are to the individual.

• Lynn

I know God exists. But since there is no proof one way or the other, I cannot offer you any "proof". People believe or not according to their makeup.

To that I say, who are you that you should demand proof? You were born wet, naked and crying but now you have a few years under your belt you think you have a right to proof. What does it profit the Lord God of Israel, to show proof to the heathen of His divine existence when you are but a man and He is Forever?

No proof of any kind for any of the thousands of human-claimed "gods."

No evidence, either.

Peace.

redheads

seafood.

white chocolate macadamia cookies.

These are the proofs that keep this atheist up at nights.

Great sages, buddhist monks and other people have experienced god after practicing years a certain type of meditation. For example American journalist Elizabeth Gilbert in her true story "Eat Pray Love" describes her experience of god she had while deep in meditation:

Read a genetics book for once in your life.

You will will find plenty of proof.

None.

Nada.

Zip.

Zilch.

Zero.

And, the better question is to ask for EVIDENCE.