Opinions on these pretentious girl names?

♀ Faline Eve

♀ Rosilla Lenore

♀ Lillis Annabelle

♀ Araminta Blythe

♀ Clemencia Joan

♀ Lucretia Anneliese

I... I love pretentious names. I can't seem to help myself. ;~;

• ceridd
    Favorite Answer

Yeah! Pretentious names!!!!

Faline Eve.......Faline (She got some come-uppance./ Southern US vernacular, my 2nd language-ha!)

Eve seems so humble. Ada? Ava?

Rosilla (Where did you get this Top Drawer name?) I suggest you change Poe's deceased wife in "The Raven" to a more self-impressed Leonore.

Rosilla Leonore Demands Attention (It may be the Leo - ha!)

Lillis Annabelle.....She is DEFINITELY of the "OLD RICH" status, which means that she's sooo pretentious, that it would be inappropriate for a woman of her status to EVER behave in a pretentious manner.

Araminta Blythe........"NEW RICH" and flaunts it with every breath. Love Araminta!!!! (I have Southern cousins, sisters, Blythe & Bliss)

Clemencia Joan....What have you done? The Mistress Grande Dame of Pretention (It's New Rich trying to pretend they are "Old Rich" with that middlr name Joan.)

Lucretia Anneliese......Really? 2 Favorites that I would happily name a daughter. Am I bad?

Fabienne Nor.........Is this pretentious?

Coco Odette........This?

I don't think they are pretentious. Are you attempting to impress with these names? No, you just like how they sound right? My favorite is Anneliese. I think you should flip that one and make it Anneliese Lucretia. Or add an "a" and make it Annaeliese. The only problem I see with these names (I think they are all nice) you will most likely have to correct people on the pronunciation all the time, and the child may have a difficult time pronouncing their own name at first, or a sibling my have a difficult time pronouncing it. Just a thought, but they are nice names. Good Luck!

Source(s): Me

They're definitely uncommon! Truth be told, I prefer most of your middle names to the first names. Sorry.

That's not to say they're 'bad', just not my taste. Usually we have about the same taste in names though :-P I suppose my favorite from your list would be either Rosilla, Araminta, or Clemecia but I'd never add any of them to my own personal list. Anneliese, Annabel, Joan, and Lenore ARE on my list though :-P

Lucretia Anneliese is a winner! Araminta Blythe, a close second. Joan is a letdown after Clemencia, which is great. Faline Eve isn't quite there on the pretentious scale. Lillis Annabelle- just okay.

.......................................................................................................................

• Eric

I don't find them all that pretentious.....

The only names here that I find appealing are Anneliese, Lenore, Araminta and Eve.

Lucretia Anneliese is my personal favourite.

Or Lillis Anneliese combined it you see :)

Pretentious? I think the word you are looking for is "awful".