Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Which do you think is a sadder way to die?

1. To die all alone, hoplessly trapped somewhere, and than it dawns on you the monster you've become

or

2. To die in your enemy's arms, crying, knowing you were the real monster and that you can't change what you've done

This is for my main character who also happens to be the bad guy ;)

I just want to know if him dying alone would be sadder or not. Or if he should see his enemy's face before he dies!

Update:

Oh oh oh and the "enemy" used to be your friend.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I feel like 2 would be better.

The character can realize the error of his ways and how foolish and misguided he was, while realizing his enemy is forgiving and comforting.

If anything that is a beautiful death.

• 9 years ago

Number 1

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Number 1

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Surely what's sad is that they are dying.

It's a massive cliche either way. You can spot the person who's about to die a mile off when Mr Ice Cold Bastard suddenly shows he has a human side...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I think that both would be equally sad. It would suck more though, perhaps, to die all alone. Lost in a dark place, with seemingly nobody to care that you are dead, and for the onlyy thing around you to be your thoughts of self hatred and destruction.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I'm a bit confused. How does this person realize anything after death? Both examples you had the person die and then realize something. Most the time, when we die, we stop realizing anything right afterward.

• 9 years ago

They're both quite sad, but I'd say the first way is done a little more often than the second. I'd love to see the second.

• 9 years ago

Not many people have the come to Jesus moment you are describing. I'd go with option three...alone and convinced to the end he was right.

• 9 years ago

The second opinion because with that one it seems more like an emotional death because it is like your best friend turning evil and killing you instead of you killing him.

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I think #2 is best but what would make it more interesting is if the person fell in love with their enemy. That would make it very interesting!

Please help me with my questions:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ao.C5...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AsUZ_...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.