Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 9 years ago

this okay for salad dressing?

If you take an orange and you squeeze it onto the salad or would it taste gross?

• Love
    Favorite Answer

If you like everything to taste like orange, then yeah it would fine :)

This is the sort of question you can really only answer for yourself. Put a small amount of salad on a plate and squeeze an orange slice over it, and taste it. You decide.

Salad dressing is often made with vinegar and oil. The orange juice may work as a substitute for the vinegar but you are missing the oil. My tastebuds tell me the salad might be a little tart, but I do know people who for diet reasons only spinkle their salads with a little good balsamic vinegar. Btw, if it is an option, try a squeeze of lemon juice rather than the orange.

Hm well I have never done that with an orange but it sounds good to me! I like to squeeze some fresh lemon onto my salad and then add a bit of olive oil, then eat it with dried fruits and almonds, maybe add in some fresh apples. Yum! I will definitely make that for lunch today :D

it will be more to the bottom of the bowl.

you need a little thickener if you leave the oil out

try 1 cup orange juice concentrate and 1/2 cup water and 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch and thicken lightly not like gravy just soft runny. a sprinkle of salt if you are not on low sodium and personally not having tried it you may want a tab of lemon juice if the flavor is sweetly flavored.

It isn't something I would thing of so I would try a little as a taste before adding it all over.

is't nice if you cut small bits of orange in to a salad but not much

depends on the type of salad but it sounds great! i like to use fresh lemon on my salads :)