Why are some people so Cheap?

People who always let others get the bar tab, the taxi cab fee and tip, and who tip less than 15% (who even tips only 15% these days anyway?) I don't understand it. Is it a sense of entitlement? I grew up very poor and still don't make much but I know to pay my own way and to respect people who service me by tipping decently. Can anyone shed some light for me?

Update:

To the angry girl using all caps and stars, what are you doing on Yahoo Answers... get a job and take care of those kids you are talking about.

The person I am writing about actually makes $80k and I make $30k, yet he lets me and others pick up tabs.. :(

7 Answers

Relevance
  • PQ Fan
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't tip at all.

It's rude to tip in many countrys.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They do it because others let them. No one has called them on their bad behavior and made them change. If someone does this, just say you're not paying for them. Then don't pay for them. This person will try to make you look petty and silly, so don't take the bait. Simply say, "I'm not paying for your stuff this time" and leave it at that.

• 9 years ago

Because people who give away money have no sense of business why do you think the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

• Jo Han
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Sounds like you are describing women ("....let others get the bar tab, the taxi cab fee and tip...")

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

BECAUSE THEY ARE ******* POOR.

I grew up poor too. Then I worked and I wasn't poor. Then I lost my job and now it's even worse because I have to feed myself and my family, unlike when I was a kid when my parents took care of me. So yeah, you don't really know what it's like to be poor unless YOUUUU are poor. So there's that opinion.

• 9 years ago

I wouldn't say that those people are necessarily cheap. They may be selfish, or they may be low on money. Or they may be thoughtless.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Most people are cheap because they have low paying jobs. Duh.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.