How to lose weight and keep it off?

I am in need of some sort of diet. Last year I took hcg drops with a lot of results, but now I am gaining a little of the weight back. I work 2 jobs, so my time is very limited. So my question is what do you do to lose weight? I understand diet and excercise is the way to go... Is there a diet that beneficial to anyone? I really think that I need to get with a dietitian and have them make me up a meal plan or something. Any advice would be great and thank you for your time in advance!

Favorite Answer

This might sound a little cliche but in my opinion it all comes down to your life style and determination. No diet would actually work if you don't stick with it long enough to see the result and with the busy schedule, it is even harder to have routine to keep your weight in check.

I was struggling with weight when I was younger because I wasn't paid enought attention to my weight problem and I was using a short cut by using diet pill and starve myself or some other times, I followed a fad diet. I dropped weight but it didnt last for long before I gained it all back lol. Then I decided to do things differently because I wanted to keep my weight off for good.

I first looked at the sources of my problem. I slept irregularly, ate irregular and unbalance meals. I would binge eating one time and skip the next meal altogether. When I realized my problem, it's easier to work with it one by one. I tried to reset my clock and have a good sleeping patern. I still indulged on my favorites but only in moderation.

I find it is very important to eat proper meal, do moderate exercise, and have a good rest. This helps me regain control over my weight. My body works with me instead of against me. On the down side is your weight will drop gradually, not as drastically as you want it to be. However, it takes twice the times if not longer to gain it back once you actually have a proper routine. It took me 8 months to shed all the kilos but my weight is no longer yo-yoing. I have a better metabolism and I don't stress out as much like before.

I understand that with a busy life style, it may be hard to have a proper routine. What I would suggest is that at least have a proper sleep ( trust me, when you have full energy you will have more will power to do anything), try not to skip a meal, snack on whatever you like but only in moderation, and finally make your everyday chores or errands your daily exercise if you could not find time to work a sweat. When you feel motivate and have a bit of free time here and there, try to do something fun like dancing or some active things that you like so you won't feel like you exercise and you can keep doing it.

I am sorry I write so long but I hope to inspire you to set a routine that you can maintain and have a healthy life style. Finally, don't over stress if you slip on some days, that's is part of life challenge, smile and fight that stubborn fat out of your system. good luck ^.^

I've been losing weight the lazy way because i mostly sit on my *** all day. Just drink alot of water, eat slowly, which helps you not only taste the food better, but make you less hungry (but do not skip meals) and stop snacking down. Soft drink is actually one of the main reasons of my weight gain so its best to drink orange juice instead. Go running for a bit then some working out in your spare time. This isnt a FAST way to lose weight but it's what ive been doing since im addicted to my computer and it works for me.

Well, wasting weight speedy and wasting weight in a healthful means are on fully distinctive ends of the burden loss spectrum. If you shed extra pounds in a healthful technique and hold it off, this is a sluggish (however regular) method. If you shed extra pounds rapidly, probabilities are that you're both now not consuming ample, depriving your frame of major vitamins and minerals, workout an excessive amount of, or a mixture of those. a million-two kilos every week is a healthful weight reduction target. Eat healthful meals (fruit, greens, complete grains, and lean protein), hold workout for a minimum of half-hour an afternoon, and quit consuming whilst you're complete. Also, keep hydrated and drink tons of water. If you do all of those matters, you will have to be first-rate. If you desire data on healthful meals and caloric consumption, move to mypyramid.gov. Great supply of knowledge.

I became a vegetarian. I don't eat any animal products at all, including milk, cheese, yogurt, eggs..no dairy.

Two items that led me to this: Dr. Sanjay Gupta's The Last Heart Attack:

http://www.skinnybliss.com/bill-clintons-vegan-die...

And the dvd, Forks Over Knives. If you subscribe to netflix, you can find it there. If not, you can google the title, and watch it online by paying 4 dollars or so. I think amazon.com has it that you can watch it online for a fee.

I eat very very little that is packaged or that comes in a can. I eat lots of fresh vegetables, often raw. I eat beans and brown rice almost on a daily basis. I eat lots of fresh fruits. I eat no refined sugar at all, no honey, no molasses, no agave nectar. No artificial sweetener either. If I want something sweet, I eat fruit.

Consume low calorie food

3o minute strength training sessions each week to burn more calories