Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why did Jan Brewer put her finger in Obama's face in that picture?

What is your opinion on disrespecting the President like that? Would you have done it?

Favorite Answer

If I were the Gov, He would have had to land his AF1 at a nearby Air Base and drive

into the city. Instead of a finger I would have put my foot in his ***, and let him know

he was not welcome in the State of AZ.

How did Obama disrespect Brewer first? You left that part out. Yes, Clinton used his finger when talking about Lewinsky, but he didn't point it in someone's face. There's a difference. Obama sometimes gestures with his finger when speaking, but he doesn't wave it in someone's face. When Brewer waved her finger in Obama's face like that she was being rude to the President of the United States and she was no longer acting as a governor but as a schoolyard bully. That she took that action on the tarmac as he was entering her state and her role there was to greet him was taking advantage. She should have saved her complaints for a private meeting. She was playing for the cameras but she came across looking bad.

She was doing it for emphasis after he lectured her during a previous meeting. I remember that famous video of Clinton using is finger to provide emphasis that he didn't have relations with Lewinski. People do it all the time, it may not be disrespectful but it is at least mildly aggressive when used to stand up to someone or something (at least that's the way I interpret it when I see the President doing it or when I saw Clinton doing it).

Incidentally, sometimes a still photo looks a lot worse than the video of the same event, capturing one second of an ongoing event can overly-emphasize something that was only a minor part of an entire exchange. I've seen unflattering pictures of Liberals and I'm sure they would use this logic if someone tried to say something unflattering about them based on a snapshot. But then again, they have NBC, ABC and CBS on their side.

Heck no I wouldn't have done it! I wouldn't have done it to Bush either, or Clinton! I think about it this way, a finger has been put in my face before. My first thought was to slap the dog crap out of that person. Now we can all use our imagination on the rest afterwards

How would you like it if you were a governor and the president of the US sued your state for trying to protect it's borders? If ya don't live in AZ then you have no idea what those folks are dealing with and it seems as if the president doesn't either. Obama goes after everyone who disagrees with him. Typical Chicago style politics. Blame the other guy when ya can't fix nuttin'.

I think it is all for show so that she can appear "conservative." It's no secret that she is on 0bama's commie board of governors. Most are unaware that Brewer had met 0bama a yr before their much-publicized meeting at the White House over border security. She also attempted to use legislative wordplay to make 0bama eligible for the 2012 AZ ballot and got caught:http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com/2011/02/23...

She is lucky it was the average person that she put her finger in their face, because most people feel that is total lack of respect. Lucky she did not put it in my face, I would have bent it in the opposite direction in her face. In addition, she said she felt threatened, please, you feel threatened with Secret Service agents around, that is so funny, it is all an attempt to belittle President Obama, I admire him for being the bigger person, because if you put your finger in the average person face, you may not get it back.

Governor Brewer is a bit unbalanced, I'm afraid...and racist. She said she felt "intimidated" there on the tarmac. Right, 'cause black men are threatening because they're black, in the eyes of too many non-black people. Jan needs to slither back under her rock.

How is Obama the president? He's an illegal alien

Old corduroy cheeks got the press she wanted,but that picture makes her look like the idiot she is