Why do most people who are homophobic say it is because they are Christian (read first)?

A lot of churches say how wrong it is and I have a lot of friends who think it is wrong because they are Christian.

My thing is the only reason it says anything about it being wrong is because you weren't supposed to be gay back when the bible was written no matter what Religion you were in. It had to do with government, not religion.

How can someone actually believe that the chemicals in someone's brain, something they can not help, makes them a sinner?

And if being gay was wrong why doesn't their 'God' kill gay people?

I know that the entire Bible is stupid and unlogical but this one really bugs me. If 'God' didn't want gay people, he wouldn't create gay people.

I am not gay, but you saying it is disgusting is stupid. You have the right to your opinion but I am sure that they think it is gross that you like a woman and you are a man, or you are a woman and likes a man.

HEY ***** I AIN'T GAY BUT IT HAS BEEN PROVEN IT IS IN THEIR BRAIN ASSHAT.

so you pretty much just said that being gay is okay as long as you don't act on it? So your 'God' wants them to be miserable and fake their whole life?

Don't call me ignorant for the why doesn't God kill gays comment, that was me trying to be a smartass. I am an Atheist so stop trying to act like I am just stupid.

Favorite Answer

"How can someone actually believe that the chemicals in someone's brain, something they can not help, makes them a sinner?"

Because they're utter simpletons.

______________________________

@Matthew: "No midwife ever said,"Its a gay!""

Why would they you bag of plankton? What kind of logic is that? What midwife ever said 'this is going to be a heterosexual person?'

How would the midwife KNOW what sexual orientation the baby will have, until it starts displaying such orientation?

• Ruth

Rome was famous for it's gay bathe houses and misuse of young boys in the time of the early churches. Historians also claim sin as one of the reasons Rome fell. So the government was very much for the gays.

I would think you can read about early Roman life on line.

God chose to give sinners time to repent. God calls men having sex with men and women having sex with women an abomination.

• It had nothing to do with government at the time. Many Roman soldiers were at the least bisexual. Especially when in the field for long periods of time.

As to being born that way which is essentially your argument, it holds no water. I am a heterosexual male. I was born that way. However if I let my heterosexual desires lead me to lust after every attractive woman I see and sleep with as many as possible then I am sinning even though it is the "chemicals in my brain" causing me to feel the way I do. Born that way is no excuse to sin.

Source(s): Catholic Christian
  • ?

God made man and woman. God is the same today as He was from the beginning and He will remain the same as will His laws. You cannot change God's word and you cannot Change God. So stop trying to justify your disgusting sinful lifestyle which will lead to death eventually.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Hi! I’m a pastor. God doesn’t hate gays. He does, however, say that engaging in homosexual activity is wrong. It’s the act, not thinking about it, or feeling gay that is the sin. You can’t help how you feel. You can help what you do. We’re all tempted to do wrong things, but we can keep ourselves from doing them. I was born with the desire to cheat and steal and sleep with women who aren't my wife, but I have to deny those feelings, just like God calls the homosexual to deny their desires. When you want to do something, but choose not to because you want to be obedient to God, that shows you love God more than yourself. Getting to that point of loving God ultimately is the goal of religion.

You said"

My thing is the only reason it says anything about it being wrong is because you weren't supposed to be gay back when the bible was written"

So thou shall not kill is okay too, because it was written way back then?

Then you said"

And if being gay was wrong why doesn't their 'God' kill gay people?"

AIDS baby....that will thin the herd

It's just one of those messed up things when it comes to some people's beliefs. Christians are taught o love everyone and treat everyone equally. How many TRUE Christians our world must be full of right?

I am not homophobic. I think what they are doing is morally wrong and disgustiong, but I don't fear them.

If it was wrong back then, what has changed? NOTHING.

The sin is in the act, not the tendencies.

God did kill them, read about Sodom and Gamorrah.

Easy. Because the Bible tells believers that homosexuality is sin.

The entire Bible is false and filled with lies and contradictions. Why do you choose to focus on this specific one?

It used to be wrong for mixed nationalities to marry also, things change, some times it is good and some times it is stupid but it is all moving not staying stagnant! IT IS ALL GOOD!