I left my MacBook pro in the car from 11:00 PM until 5:00 AM and noticed I left the door open, is it ruined?

It was in the box, box was closed with scotch tape sealing it. It was not stolen don worry, but I just want to know if leaving if overnight would mess it up? It wa in the back seat of the car a row away from the open door

Favorite Answer

Petra is right. I once ruined a laptop by leaving it in the car over night when the temperature dropped close to zero. My biggest mistake was trying to start it up right away. It might have been ok if I had let the laptop sit until it warmed up to room temperature before starting it. If it wasn't very cold last night where you are, and if you let your Mac warm up for a while, you should be fine.

Good luck!

Where do you live: Alaska or Texas?

What was the temperature: below 0? 60? 85?

Was there any rain, snow, or other precipitation?

You do not provide any information that allows us to truly help.

Shipments of all kinds spend hours in trucks, unheated warehouses, depots and various transit points. There is <<nothing>> inherently bad about leaving it outside.

The only thing you should do is to let it sit at room temperature in your house/apartment for a couple of hours before turning it on.

• Petra

Well that depends on the temperature in the area where you live!

Get the MacBook inside, but WAIT A FEW HOURS before turning it on. The reason is that there may be moisture inside because of the differences in temperature, which must evaporate before using the device.