really sore thumb, its been a month now!?

I dont fit criteria for carpel tunnel, as I have no numbness or tingling. Ive had no injury. I work at a pharmacy and cant grip a thing, especially anything remotely heavy. I can make a fist w thumb closed inside, so its not the tendonitis Ive looked up either. Ive thought of going to the dr, but with what, 'Ive got a sore thumb?" I have pain only when I move it a certain way, or when I push on the bottom of the thumb where it touches wrist on the outside of hand.

• Zarn
    Favorite Answer

It could be sprained, rather than inflamed. A sprained thumb can take up to 6 months to heal.

• Paul

Yes go to the doctor.

It might be septic, in which case every day you don't get it treated you risk blood poisoning and possible death.

It could be something niether of us has thought of that the doctor knows about, so go see the doctor that's what he's there for.