Can you develop an allergy all of a sudden?

I recently had a sinus infection (bacterial sinusitis) and had a difficult time getting an antibiotic to work without having major side effects, finally I was able to clear it and was feeling fantastic again. I resumed my daily work with my horses and now I'm feeling horrible again. Could I have developed an allergy to the hay or possibly even the dust that gets kicked up when mucking stalls and corral?

It's very frustrating to constantly be blowing my nose, the sneezing and nasal congestion, and It's impossible to breathe at night. I am now having my kids help me out and it clears up, but then I return to doing it and it starts up again.

Favorite Answer

Absolutely. If there was a mould in the straw or hay and you were exposed to it for some time, this is sometimes known as a trigger, now you or allergic to working around this mould. A very good dust mask would help you to work in these conditions.

Usually its the VOCs Volatile Organic Compounds (the gasses) from the moulds that will be the most damaging. In this case you would also consider using activated charcoal in the mask, this will absorb these gasses.

Please keep in mind there could be many other things that could be the issues.

THX good luck

Source(s): Experiance.

It is possible to develop and to loose allergies but not all of a sudden it happens over time.