Nickname vs Full name?

Its for a friend. She doesn't like nicknames but her husband thinks that they should use the full version of the name so when shes older she has a choice.

Toria vs Victoria

Laney vs Delaney

Devi vs Devin

Emmie vs Emerson vs Emily (Nickname would be Emmie. Emerson and Emily are the choices for full name)

Taya vs Kataya (Pronounced Tay-Uh and Kuh-Tay-Uh

Which version of each one do you like more? Nickname or Full Name

Update:

I meant that she thinks nicknames are dumb, as in naming your child Elizabeth if your planning on always calling them Lizzy or Beth.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Stacey
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I pretty much always think that a full name is the best idea. Most 40 year olds won't want to be called Emmie.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Victoria

Delaney <3

Devin

Emerson <3

Kataya

I would use the full name and she can go by the nickname. That way when she is older and is interviewing for a job, Delaney sounds more professional than Laney. Also than if the name has more than 1 nickname she can choose which name she wants to be called by.

Hope this helps!

~Lauryn

• Hannah
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Victoria

Delaney

Devin

Emily

Kataya

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Victoria

Laney

Devin

I like Emmie as a nickname, and I like Emily better than Emerson

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I love nicknames, but I hate using them as proper names! Full names are definitely the way to go.

Victoria

Delaney (although I love Lacey, which is similar to Laney)

Devin

Emily

Taya (I think this is a full name all on its own, I don't really like Kataya)

• 9 years ago

Well i guess it depends on the name. I like shorter names too as does your friend. Such as Tess and Charley. Rather then the full names.

Toria vs Victoria- I likeToria better:)

Laney vs Delaney- I personally like both names but i prefer Laney

Devi vs Devin- I like bothh but probably Devin

Emmie vs Emerson vs Emily- I like Emmie best,then Emily

Taya vs Kataya- Taya is cuter:)

• 9 years ago

Victoria as Toria is a more obvious nickname, for example if it was just Tori then it wouldn't be.

Delaney definitely as i think Laney is too cutesy for a grown adult. I really do like the nickname Laney though, it's adorable!

Emily - same reason as Laney for Emmie. My daughters name is Emilia and sometimes we will call her Emi :)

Prefer Taya to Kataya for sure!!

(:

• 9 years ago

Victoria

/

/

Emily

/

Delaney, Devin & Emerson are masculine. I usually don't skip names, but they're horrid. You gave me no choice to choose something feminine ;-/

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Not a big fan of any of them except Emily.

I'm a little confused. If your friend doesn't even like nicknames, why would she be considering using one as a child's full name?

• 5 years ago

*Dilys - Love this title, she would traditionally be known as Dilly a lot however i don't consider it stands up good as a name in its possess proper. * Alice - i do not like Allie in any respect however Alice is gorgeous. *Rose - She might get called Rosie however i don't quite find it irresistible as a name on its own. *Lucy - I think it's prettier and is well based as a first name, versus only a nickname. *Albert - Love Albie however i'm not definite i will suppose a surgeon or lawyer called Albie! *Harry - Would much choose Henry, with the alternative to call him Harry but I really do not like Harold. *Gulliver- So lovable! Gully just jogs my memory of the mascot for a neighborhood sporting activities team (he is a seagull). *i've been trying to make this resolution for a long time! I really like each names so so much! Currently i am on Barnaby but I have no idea if it can be slightly bit too "public institution within the residence counties". =]

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.